Previous Rule (239)
Waiting and parking (238 to 252)
Next Rule (241)
You MUST NOT stop or park on
- the carriageway or the hard shoulder of a motorway except in an emergency (see Rule 270)
- a pedestrian crossing, including the area marked by the zig-zag lines (see Rule 191)
- a clearway (download ‘Traffic signs’ (PDF, 486KB))
- taxi bays as indicated by upright signs and markings
- an Urban Clearway within its hours of operation, except to pick up or set down passengers (download ‘Traffic signs’ (PDF, 486KB))
- a road marked with double white lines, even when a broken white line is on your side of the road, except to pick up or set down passengers, or to load or unload goods
- a tram or cycle lane during its period of operation
- a cycle track
- red lines, in the case of specially designated ‘red routes’, unless otherwise indicated by signs.
Any vehicle may enter a bus lane to stop, load or unload where this is not prohibited (see Rule 140).
Laws MT(E&W)R regs 7 & 9, MT(S)R regs 6 & 8, ZPPPCRGD regs 18 & 20, RTRA sects 5, 6 & 8, TSRGD regs 10, 26 & 27, RTA 1988 sects 21(1) & 36
There are no annotations yet for this rule.
In order to contribute your own annotation, you need to log in with one of these sources: